Manager Inside Sales
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. The Forward Enterprise platform delivers a vendor-agnostic "digital twin" of the network, based on a mathematical model. The platform scales to support hundreds of thousands of network devices, whether cloud, hybrid cloud, or on-prem. It serves as a single source of truth for the network, enabling network operators to instantly verify security posture, accelerate troubleshooting, avoid outages, and modernize network management.
Over the past few years, Forward Networks has received tremendous industry recognition, including “Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking” by Gartner, “Product of the Year” by Cloud Computing, “Enterprise Cloud Computing Software of the Year,” and has been named to Fortune’s 2022 “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” list.
The company was founded by four Stanford PhD graduates who saw a massive opportunity to improve network operations. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures, and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is looking for an experienced Inside Sales Manager:
- Do want to create a category and help build a special company?
- Do you want to sell a platform that solves real networking problems?
- Join a company that has been in market 5+ years and has some of the top Federal agencies and F500/Global 2000 already buying and referenceable.
- We are building a special team and hope you consider us if you want to have the experience of changing the networking world as we know it.
What you’ll do:
Manage assigned Inside Sales Representatives through coaching and training with emphasis on achieving key performance indicators for meetings and opportunity conversions in support of the field sales team. Responsible for lead generation activities and business development processes.
- Work with the sales team to ensure the team meets sales, GTM, and quota achievement for responsible field reps
- Proficient on the digital technology stack and train team to utilize digital selling skills
- Ensure sales pipeline growth for assigned reps remains with qualified leads and prospects
- Monitor employee productivity and motivates the team to reach goals
- Assist Inside Sales Representative in preparation of proposals and responses
- Ensure all reps meet or exceed targets for prospecting calls, appointments, proposals, and lead conversion
- Supervise team in accordance with company policies & procedures
- Conduct one-on-one pipeline reviews with Inside Sales Representatives to build effective communications, understand training and development needs to provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance
- Manage performance reviews and develop employee improvement plans
- Report to Sales management on sales metrics, opportunities, and threats
- Suggest improvements that can be made to increase the value of the team based on campaign efficacy and targeted personas
- Ensure accurate and complete information is captured in the customer relationship management (CRM) system, including utilizing the system for outbound marketing methods
- Provide ongoing coaching
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of new hires
- Train and assist the team on selling operational procedures and issues
- Call on customer accounts, as needed
- 5+ years of Inside Sales leadership experience as a high energy, motivational team member
- BS or BA Degree desired
- Experience with contemporary lead flow process to ensure proper SLAs and Inbound Source identification to inform the best marketing investments
- Detailed platform experience with Salesforce and optimally an understanding of HubSpot
- Proven knowledge of sales process and lead generation activities in support of field sales
- Operates with a high degree of integrity and respect for fellow team members
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated collaboration ability between teams