Director of Engineering
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
Engineering is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, we are building the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai you will find one of the most talented teams out there from junior to senior engineers that provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment leading to continuous learning for everyone.
The Director of Engineering role requires an engineer at heart who is able to lead and guide engineering teams to deliver Feedzai products. The role requires deep technical knowledge that enables you to challenge teams and bring out the best in them. You will be responsible for building top-notch engineering teams and driving their execution.
As Director of Engineering for Risk Strategy, you will lead a centrepiece area of our Product. Risk Strategy is responsible for the enablement of a superior experience for Feedzai and Citizen Analysts and Data Scientists to design, execute, and govern Customers’ risk strategy and deliver best-in-class risk detection capabilities. This is one of the areas where some of our key capabilities are centered, from our end-to-end event flow orchestration, as well as core capabilities such as our real-time Feature Engineering and Rules engines.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage up to 5 engineering managers and teams from daily execution to performance and career management
- Work closely with our Product Managers and Principal Engineers to push forward both the Product vision, but as well as the Technical one
- Own the growth of your engineering teams by collaborating with our Talent Acquisition team
- Support Product Management on execution and planning needs
- Support Customer Success on challenges that customers have with the product
- Helping to influence and push the engineering culture to encourage quality deliveries and continuous improvements
- Lead by example not being afraid to take risks and go beyond what’s expected
You Have & You Know-how:
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 3+ in a platform or dev-ops/SRE team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission-critical services
- 5+ years of software development experience
- MS, preferred in Computer Science
- Already managed multiple teams and managers
- Ability and are able to present ideas to both the non-technical and technical audiences
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, adaptability, problem-solving, and critical thinking
You May also Know & Have This:
- Knowledge in using Machine Learning and Data Science to solve real-world problems
- Experience working on projects that move quickly and have ever-changing processes and structure
- Be able to handle stakeholder’s expectations and push-back when necessary to ensure the success of the project
- Be solution-oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up your sleeves and tackle them with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Team player with a clear focus on taking the performance of teams to the next level
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.