Senior Data Reliability Engineer
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
With Cloud at its core, the Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, we build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
We are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for our customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts to fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
The Feedzai Platform Data Services team plays a pivotal role in managing core data components within our cloud platform architecture, crucial for delivering top-notch services to both our customers and internal teams. As a key member of this team, you will collaborate with experienced engineers, leveraging your in-depth knowledge of Feedzai cloud products and environments. Your responsibilities will include establishing interfaces for data services, developing automations, and creating tooling that enhances the platform capabilities, ultimately contributing to faster and more agile product delivery.
Your Day to Day:
- Guarantee general availability and resilience of cloud environments
- Participate in incident response, root cause investigation and resolution
- Contribute to our infrastructure as code (IaC), and support development activities aiming at automating manual activities and reduce operational effort
- Troubleshoot and optimize high availability and performance issues
- Use the best tools for the job and write our own if that’s the best option
You Have & You Know-How:
- Build and maintain Kubernetes Operators, including deployment, monitoring, operations, and analytics tools developed by the team
- Engage in development tasks using Go, Python, or similar languages
- Operate services such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, and CouchDB at an enterprise scale
- Contribute to the self-healing capabilities of applications in our enterprise environments
- Actively participate in incident response, root cause investigation, and resolution efforts
- Develop playbooks associated with actionable alerts to streamline response procedures
- Maintain and enhance our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to efficiently manage end-to-end lifecycle operations (monitoring, alerting, security, cost optimization, configuration, backup, etc.) in production environments
- Utilize your experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
You Have & You Know-How:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Go, Python, or similar
- Hands-on experience with Container Technologies and Orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Valuable experience with data streaming and messaging platforms, including Kafka, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Redis and CouchDB
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab or similar
- Demonstrated commitment to staying updated with industry trends and emerging technologies, showcasing a proactive approach to continuous learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in security, ensuring the implementation of secure coding standards
- Experience working with Cloud Providers, with a preference for AWS Cloud
- Expertise in utilizing monitoring and observability stacks like Grafana and Prometheus
- Proficiency in Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices
- Knowledge or experience in tools like Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, and Crossplane
- Knowledge of GitOps tools such as FluxCD and Argo CD
- Self-driven, motivated, with a strong work ethic, and a passion for creative problem-solving
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Kubernetes, Cloud and Hashicorp certifications or equivalent are valued
The Product Team builds our product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach. We partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategising, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued. Our fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today. Join Us!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.