Engineering Manager - Risk Engine
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, we build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
We are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for our customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts to fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
The Engineering Manager role requires an engineer at heart that is able to lead and guide engineering teams to deliver Feedzai products. The role requires a deep technical knowledge allowing the teams to have a strong technical support at management level. Besides technical leadership you will hire top class engineers as well as plan execution of product development driven by the product management team.
You need to be able to manage and lead by example multiple teams with a positive attitude bringing out the best of people. This role is key to achieve success at Feedzai making sure we always give clients the features we have agreed, in the perfect timing and with the correct tech quality desired.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage one or two teams of engineers from daily execution to performance and career management
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution
- Provide technical leadership to the team from driving architecture and design up to doing code reviews
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and success of technical projects
- Work with key stakeholders across all groups within the Engineering and Product Teams
- Develop and empower top class engineering and technology practices in the teams
- Closely work with recruiting team to find and interview engineers
You Have & You Know-how:
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team and managing technical projects
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in a Platform or DevOops/SRE team in a SaaS environment supporting mission-critical services
- Capable of leading by example not being afraid to take a risk and go beyond what’s expected
- Advanced knowledge of one or more key technologies, platforms or areas used for software development at Feedzai (Java, Cassandra, Spark distributed systems, concurrency, etc)
- Experience working on projects that move quickly that have ever-changing process and structure
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, adaptability, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Be able to handle stakeholder’s expectations and push-back when necessary to ensure the success of the project
- Be solution oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up sleeves and tackle them with a 'get it done' attitude
- Team player with a clear focus of taking the performance of teams to the next level
The Product Team builds our product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach. We partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategizing, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued. Our fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today. Join Us!
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.