Senior Software Engineer
Tanium, the industry’s leading provider of Autonomous Endpoint Management, is at the forefront of revolutionizing legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Our platform integrates IT operations, security, and risk into a single, comprehensive solution, delivering visibility, control, and protection at scale. Tanium is trusted by over half of the Fortune 100 and 5 of the 6 branches of the U.S. armed forces.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tanium, you will take ownership of designing, developing, testing, and deploying a licensing service that will be the connecting glue between our customers. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will play a key role in ensuring our licensing service meets the highest standards of performance, security, and scalability.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement secure and scalable backend services for the licensing service
- Develop intuitive front-end components for the internal functions for the licensing service
- Work with various server-side technologies, persistent data stores, caches, and messaging buses
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests and ensure quality delivery
- Author technical documentation and artifacts for the developed software.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years industry experience, 7+ preferred
- Must be able to obtain Reliability status (RS) for Protected A, B, C at a minimum
- Experience designing and building high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, and maintainable backend services and APIs
- Experience building services on top of Kubernetes
- Experience with frontend technologies and frameworks for internal functions
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies (i.e. AWS and Azure)
- Proficiency in infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform, Helm Charts, CloudFormation).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – being able to learn what the requirements are and being able to apply them
- Experience working with order operations teams and integrating systems written on the Salesforce Platform
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Commitment to writing automated tests as an integral part of the development process.
- Knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks and the versatility to learn new tools and languages
- Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
On a mission. Together.
- At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
- We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
- Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.