Manager, QA Engineering
As a QA Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of truly outstanding QA engineers. You will work closely with QA team members, developers, product managers, user experience designers, technical documentation team and senior leadership in building Tanium’s unified endpoint management and security platform. QA managers support their team members as they set and raise our products’ quality bar. While much of your time will be spent working with and supporting your team members, technical skills are essential. We’re looking for seasoned QA professionals who’ve transitioned into people management.
What you’ll do:
- Build exceptional teams of highly qualified, high-performing engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Work closely with development leadership, product managers, and other teams to define the vision and roadmap with a focus on the needs of Tanium’s customers.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support while nurturing a collaborative, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Team with other managers to coordinate on requirements, dependencies, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead by example, leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality bar and ensure that the team consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Work with senior engineering leaders to adjust the composition of the team and create new teams as necessary to respond to changing business needs.
- Effectively manage projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Ensure delivery of high quality, performant software by the team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years managing high-performing quality assurance teams
- You have 10+ years software QA experience
- You have experience working with US-based teams
- You have a proven track record of delivering enterprise-level reliable and scalable solutions
- You have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software as a Service (SaaS), etc.
- You are a first principles thinker who can come up with pragmatic solutions
- You are still an engineer at the core who loves to test even if you don’t do it all the time
- You keep up with industry trends and can assess and utilize new technologies to help solve problems
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking Care of Our Team Members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.