Director, Content Strategy
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is looking for a Content Strategist to join our Commerce Cloud team. The content strategist role will be responsible for leading and advising marketing teams on how to build engaged audiences and think “customer first” to deliver the right content at the right time.
This position requires a combination of a marketing and publishing mindset with proven experience developing content strategy, including the development of audience personas, customer journey maps, content distribution plans, and multi-media content. With a mastery in the art and science of content marketing, the content strategist must have the analytical abilities to gather key customer and business insights and apply strategic planning skills to content plans that engage the customer at each stage of the buying journey.
The ideal candidate is a collaborator, problem solver, idea generator and storyteller with a firm understanding of user experience, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
- Deliver documented and approved content strategies to reach and engage Commerce leaders and business decision makers, leveraging research and multiple data sources to identify breakthrough content opportunities.
- Create a compelling SEO content strategy that results in strategic page 1 rankings, organic traffic, and competitive awareness.
- Lead a team of writers, editors, and social media managers to manage Commerce content destinations on Salesforce.com, the monthly Commerce newsletter, and the Commerce social media presence on LinkedIn, X, and Facebook.
- Collaborate with creative, product, campaigns, social, blog, UX, SEO, and digital teams to develop an editorial calendar and content execution plans to support a consistent customer journey.
- Lead the execution of complex content projects with a team of writers, editors, designers, and digital partners.
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly planning sessions with cross-functional teams
- Increase monthly performance metrics to attract, engage, and move audiences with multi-media content, including organic prospect traffic, time on page, video view through rates, click-thru rates, subscribers, product page referrals, form fills, registrations, and chat sessions initiated.
- Provide monthly content performance reports and facilitate optimization and promotion efforts to improve performance. Clearly communicate what is working and not working to educate cross-functional teams.
- Lead regular content audits to spot gaps in our existing content, as well as identify the characteristics of high-performing content. Work with content owners to make data-driven recommendations for new content and/or updates to existing content.
- Train and educate the commerce team on content marketing best practices and how to use and adopt our content marketing tools, including the use of generative AI for content production.
- 5-10 years of marketing experience related to content marketing and social media with preferably 3-5 years at a technology company
- Knowledge of current and emerging content marketing, generative AI, social media, and content delivery trends
- Strong knowledge in retail, e-commerce platforms, digital marketing, payment gateways or CRM
- Integrated marketing and/or campaign experience
- Analytical mind - ability to spot patterns and trends in content performance and data
- Demonstrated success collaborating across departments and mobilizing content contributors and cross-functional teams around long-term projects and efforts
- Attention to detail
- Stellar writing and copywriting skills; writing samples and/or portfolio required
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- A sound understanding of visual design and an appreciation of the interplay between copy and visual elements
- Experience with CMS and content operations tools such as Wordpress and Kapost/Optimizely
- Must be willing to come into the office 3 x's a week in a listed hub location
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $159,000 to $230,600.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,800 to $253,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.