Senior Analyst - Global Incentive Compensation Analytics
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Global Incentive Compensation team is an industry leader for sales compensation strategy, design, analytics and administration. We are currently hiring for a Sr. Analyst, Global Incentive Compensation Analytics role in Indianapolis / Toronto. This standout colleague will have a key role in the annual GTM planning cycle to provide data driven insights that shape and improve Salesforce’s Incentive Compensation program. This role will work directly with commission plan designers in performing standard and ad hoc analyses to design and assess the effectiveness of the sales programs for various parts of Salesforce's Sales & Distribution organizations. As part of the Global Incentive Compensation Analytics team, you will support Sales Leaders, COOs, Sales Strategy leads to drive business strategy by making informed decisions backed by analytics. The candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment and demonstrate a natural curiosity when “digging” into the numbers.
• Participate in the annual company GTM planning cycle, provide analytics to leadership to support decision making
• Model and recommend Incentive Compensation plan changes and sales contests, and develop performance metrics, to drive alignment of sales activities and team behavior with company objectives
• Partner with Sales Strategy teams to drive business strategy and evaluate the impact of comp plan changes
• Support Sales and Finance orgs to resolve Incentive Comp business inquires
• Deliver dashboards for Sales, Finance and Exec leaders on sales performance and commission trends
• Track commission costs and calculate ROI associated with Incentive Compensation programs
• Develop Incentive Compensation training materials and Sales enablement tools
• Work on process improvement projects across broader Incentive Compensation Team
• BA/BS degree or minimum of 4+ years related experience in Analytics, Finance, Incentive Compensation, Sales Operations and/or Management Consulting
• Ability to synthesise complex data into simple consumable deliverables with clear takeaways
• Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the ask, gather data, build models, perform analyses, validate assumptions, and summarise & present results
• Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
• Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills; process-oriented
• Expert Excel skills: model building, use of advanced formulas and arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation, VBA
• Knowledge of queries and data/reporting tools including SQL, Microsoft Access, etc.
• Hands-on experience with data visualization tools - Tableau preferred.
• PowerPoint / Google Slides: develop presentations with a summary of analytics/findings
• Experience working with complex sales compensation structures
• Must be able to accurately compile and synthesise both quantitative and qualitative data
• Superior problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate globally
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge or background with CRM or SAAS business model preferred
• Knowledge of Salesforce products and Xactly Incent a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $100,100 to $137,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.