Senior Specialist, Employee Communications
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce seeks a Senior Specialist, Employee Communications, passionate about Slack Community Management and Issues Communications. This role will help manage, excite and engage our global employee base in Slack and partner with the Director, Employee Communications on Issues response comms as needed. If you have a passion for encouraging and innovating communications paired with a passion for helping employees, this could be the role for you! We’re ISO a candidate who is excited about fostering online community using their outstanding brand of appreciation, keen judgment, and humor.
At Salesforce, Slack is our efficiency platform. We’re using Slack around the world and our 70,000 employees use it as their main way to collaborate, connect, and get work done. We’re looking for someone to keep a pulse on life in Slack and help us unlock new ways to connect as a company. Our ideal candidate brings a global attitude and has experience leading large, diverse communities in Slack or on social media.
The Senior Specialist, Employee Communications, will work closely with our Employee Success and Global Safety & Security teams to supervise potential issues or concerns, and partner with other communicators and leaders across the business to drive our response efforts. We are particularly interested in candidates with a background that includes crisis communications and issues management for global enterprise organizations.
You'll do this work as part of our fun, innovative, and vision-forward, Global Communications team that is committed to doing the best work of their lives together.
- Supervise all major company and regional channels to understand the sentiment and key topics being discussed across Slack. Moderate the conversation as needed and relay opportunities for subject matter authorities to respond to employee questions.
- Help ensure employees are aligning with standard processes, behavioral expectations including our Code of Conduct and the Slack Community Guidelines.
- Stay connected to major company-wide key messaging and narratives in order to reply directly to employees.
- Assist in the compilation of regular sentiment reporting.
- Partner with Employee Success, Global Safety & Security, and other internal partners to implement timely and effective crisis communications in alignment with our Incident Response framework.
- Serve as needed on the company’s cross-functional issues management team, in partnership with Global Communications, Employee Success, Global Safety & Security, Legal, the Office of Equality, and leadership.
- Provide input on messaging and positioning, and influence partners as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned with our desired tone.
- Write and develop memorable, engaging, cross-channel communications (email, digital screens, blog posts, web pages, and banners) that drive awareness of key initiatives and encourage employees to take action.
- Track results and apply key takeaways to improve future comms, content, and engagement.
- Track trending concerns and issues, and develop employee communications strategies and plans that help employees understand a situation, our response, and available resources and support. This includes crafting messaging, communications, presentations, talk tracks for town halls, FAQs, and other support materials.
- Craft engaging narratives that leverage storytelling and are aligned with our company values, culture, and style.
- Partner closely with our Corporate Communications and Office of Equality teams to ensure alignment with external strategy and messaging.
- Build relationships with and drive alignment and execution across communications teams company-wide.
Experience and skills
- 5+ years in marketing, communications, or related field (high tech or other fast-paced environment a plus).
- Experience with crisis communications in a global, enterprise organization preferred.
- Experience working with Equality Resource Groups or groups representing a diverse set of backgrounds.
- Excellent short-form writer with a conversational tone and strong emoji game that invites readers in.
- Solid understanding of Slack and best practices for using Slack effectively within an organization.
- Proven track record developing and implementing compelling, creative internal comms plans.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, with an ability to generate and execute "breakout" ideas.
- Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and subsequently develop clear communications with minimal guidance.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and re-prioritize quickly.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and fun!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $100,100 to $137,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.