Production Support Engineer - Multiple Levels
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the Production Support Engineer posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineer will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Join a high impact global engineering team that delivers Customer Love by solving the toughest technical customer critical issues fast and champions trust strategy throughout the company.
At Salesforce, trust is our #1 priority. Our cloud applications handle billions of transactions each day for 150,000+ companies who demand high quality, responsiveness, and predictability. Performance issues and functional bugs must be identified and resolved quickly. As a Customer Centric Engineer within R&D you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, perseverance and communication.
- Using your Java, database, and web API and UI skills to solve critical customer technical issues to R&D from our Technical Support organization
- Figuring out ways to "find the bug" using top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the R&D organization, and digging deep into code
- Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and fixes, and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
- Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Mentoring Technical Support on technical issues and standard processes
- Forming collaboration across Customer Services, R&D, and data center operations as a technical guide
- Championing Support and Debug initiatives throughout R&D
- Open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office)
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
For senior roles:
- Develop high-quality, production ready Tools that can be used by internal users
- Share your knowledge and help transform an organization from within by working with and mentoring your team members
- Work closely with multi-functional teams across geographies
- Mentor other junior engineers in the team
- Developer-level technical chops along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
- Unparalleled detective and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- A related technical degree required
For Senior Roles:
- Candidates having min of 10 years of relevant technical experience
- Ability to take a sophisticated problem, analyze, design, educate team members on it and work with them to solve the problem with high quality and on time
- Lead teams/work across teams in delivering projects/running programs
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in an object oriented language; Java preferred
- Experience with a known IDE: Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or other relational databases (Postgresql, MySQL etc)
- Familiarity with core web technologies: HTTP, JSON, REST, XML
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Previous Salesforce / Force.com development experience
- Experience in Vlocity components is a plus (DataRaptors, OmniScript, Integration Procedures, FlexCards etc.)
- Performance solving skills for Java, Oracle DB, Apex
- Experience with Oracle SQL developer
- Experience with mobile app development: iOS/Android Simulator
- Log parsing in Splunk
- HTTP traffic analysis: Fiddler or Charles
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $125,700 to $243,100.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $137,100 to $265,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.