Senior Proposal Analyst
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Strategic Operations team in Salesforce’s Global Public Sector Business Unit is a growing cross-functional team. We deliver efficient, proactive, and innovative operational processes, standardization and operational execution for new programs/products, and new go-to-market strategies supporting the growth of the Global Public Sector organization.
What we are looking for:
Want to be part of a front-line business unit working collaboratively with sales and technology leaders to help drive revenue in a supporting role? We are seeking a proposal professional responsible for supporting the coordination and content response development of public sector requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and other public sector procurement documents and unsolicited proposals for SaaS/PaaS solutions.
We are looking for an individual with great energy and initiative to provide RFx best practices that value the time, skills, and experience of all the resources needed to prepare superior RFx submissions in support of public sector government customers in a shared services model. Work with a cross functional team of talented individuals to overcome the daily challenges faced with navigating our business processes including maintaining and refreshing RFx processes where needed, co-delivering training webinars to our growing sales teams, and co-developing learning assets. Curate relevant content to support RFx responses and knowledge repository. Work with Sales team to assist with pre-position tools for seeding RFx process to help influence customer perception, improve RFx win rate, and avoid RFP process. This role requires equal parts organization, attention to detail, problem analysis and resolution, and ability to simultaneously handle a variety of requests/projects across a broad spectrum of topics with differing priority levels and deadlines. The ideal candidate must be customer service-oriented, able to work independently, comfortable operating with a high sense of urgency and agility, strong writing skills, enthusiastic about working in one of the fastest growing divisions within Salesforce, and driven to succeed within the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth and dynamic environment.
Success will be measured by initiatives outlined in your yearly V2MOM (a very transparent goal setting system everyone at Salesforce uses). As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we are also expected individually to contribute to innovating in any area we work. Finally, we are a family culture organization and look to bring on great people who work well with others and love to celebrate success!
- Be a subject matter expert for all processes unique to the public sector marketplace related to formal RFx responses and other proposals.
- Responsible for supporting the coordination and content response development of public sector requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and other public sector procurement documents and unsolicited proposals for SaaS/PaaS solutions.
- Develop bid/response plan and schedule for all phases of the response development process.
- Manage/track all aspects of content preparation, revision, and submission; collaborate and coordinate inputs from sales, solution engineering, security, legal, and compliance teams; coordinate and communicate with responding partners where required; and coordinate internal content reviews with executive management and legal.
- Structure, write, edit, and format all types of response content (general, functional, technical), tailoring the content around the customer requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Participate in the development of written questions to seek clarification from procurement officials throughout the procurement process, and remain current on all amendments and modifications.
- Review and understand customer requirements. Conceptualize and write compelling response content using proposal boilerplate library and developing from scratch as required.
- Help educate the Sales, Solution Engineering, and other teams on the RFx process.
- Create and manage RFx boilerplate content repository and library of completed responses in multiple languages.
- Participate in developing and writing proposal win themes and executive summary sections.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment, working with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency.
- Able to manage complex processes, problem solve, adapt to change and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally with a diverse set of business partners.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Location: EMEA
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English and Italian
- 5+ years of experience in a proposal development/bid management role selling products and services responding to government solicitations under a direct and indirect contracting model
- 5 years of experience in the technology consulting industry in a writing role supporting responses for government organizations
- Experience with technical writing for cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google Suite (Gdocs, Gsheets, Gchat)
- Self motivated to excel in a remote position collaborating effectively with a remote team; possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with APMP and/or Shipley best practices for proposal development.
- A broad knowledge of Salesforce applications is highly desired or transferable job experience for other, similar cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft, Service Now, or Oracle.
- Proven experience with Qvidian, RFPio, Avnio, Loopio, or similar proposal management software
- APMP certification
- PMP certification
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.We are a recognised Disability Confident member under the UK Government Disability Confident employer scheme. We are committed to providing an inclusive recruitment process and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are welcome to opt-in to the interview scheme as part of the application process. If you would like to apply under the scheme, please click the link to the Accommodations Request Form above and scroll to the UK Disability Confident Scheme section within the form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.