Global Head, Industry Advisory and Innovation - Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Are you a Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics subject matter expert who has deep domain expertise with major pharmaceutical, cell and gene therapy as well as genomics companies? Are you excited about changes in healthcare and how technology is enabling a whole new approach to engage patients, members, employers and providers? Are you a visionary thinker with demonstrable knowledge of the healthcare market and operations strategy?
If so, we are looking for a leader to join our Life Sciences Industry team. This senior role requires executive presence with a thoughtful point of view about the industry globally, understanding of business models, product planning, change management experience and talent in messaging and communications, and supporting sales with senior customer engagement and relationship building.
The Global Head of Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics will roll into the Global Life Sciences Industry leader, owning the global strategy for Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics across Industry Advisory and Innovation. This role requires a strong point of view and supporting strategy for Pharmaceuticals, as well as an understanding of industry trends and the importance of messaging for the global market. The role would also be involved in engaging with customers, partnering with the field leadership teams on strategic customer engagements, approaches and customized and localized enablement as well as being an advisor to the C-level executives at brands pre, during and post sales cycles to ensure we hear the voice of the customer and build long term relationships.
The ideal candidate would have had P&L responsibility and operational experience at a Pharmaceutical organization, understanding the actual end to end workings of a company, the pain points, needs and opportunities across different areas. They would also have a very clear knowledge and understanding of industry trends and how they translate into the realities of functional areas as well as a clear grasp of Salesforce's solutions and capabilities for this market and the ability to present our vision for the industry to a C-level audience.
This individual will work within the AMER region and also coordinate with the industry and global partner teams around industry expertise, account planning and partner engagement. The role is a mix of deep industry knowledge, influence, strategy, account planning partnership and direct account engagement. As part of the global Industry advisor team, collaboration with peers around the world to create a global market strategy is a key objective.
This leader will be key in maintaining relationships with regional sales teams and working jointly with regional Industry Business Development, Marketing, Enterprise Architecture, and Solution Engineering Teams, leveraging the Global Industry Marketing and go-to-market teams to drive a consistent global strategy.
We are looking for a proven track record in the following three key attributes:
1. Industry Experience: We are seeking an industry expert with 15+ years of working in life sciences organizations in operating and strategy experience in senior levels, and/or overseeing product and technology teams.
2. Industry Leadership: This individual needs to be well-versed in industry solution market planning and positioning. You need to be a hands-on leader, contribute to the vision for Salesforce within life sciences customers, engage others in the team with this vision, and define the market and go to market plan for Pharmaceutical organizations. You need to be comfortable creating compelling visions of the future, writing a point of view, creating the overall messaging and building thought provoking presentations that the field can use for enablement and in customer meetings. You will need to be comfortable working with various product teams to build solutions. To accomplish this, you will work with Salesforce product management, corporate marketing, sales, pre-sales, alliances, customer success, enablement, business value, PR and analyst relations.
3. Solution Ambassador: Our ideal candidate will crisply deliver the industry and Salesforce solutions message across all clouds to customers and prospects in various forums, seamlessly transitioning from speaking to a room of C-level execs to large presentations at industry events.
* Support the development of the Pharmaceuticals business plan including target accounts, marketing strategy and programs to achieve target revenue growth
* Support the development of messaging and positioning for Pharmaceutical customers including industry positioning and solutions for existing Salesforce products
* Create compelling visions for how Salesforce can transform Pharmaceutical business segments, including synergies across providers, health plans, medical devices, and diagnostics.
* Ensure consistent Pharmaceutical messaging implementation across all channels (online, web, events, field sales). Continually test and refine message to ensure it is consistent with pipe generation goals and Salesforce corporate-level message.
* Work collaboratively with a virtual cross functional team including Corporate Marketing, Sales, Sales Enablement, Field Marketing, Cloud Marketing, Industry Shared Services, Alliances and ISV teams to develop and execute the strategic go to market plan for Pharmaceutical customers.
* Contribute to overall messaging, positioning and Salesforce presence at strategic marketing events including Dreamforce and select third party events like Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics Conferences, HIMSS etc.
* Be an effective presenter to both large customer audiences as well as command the attention of C-levels, and earn their trust through style and conversation.
* Be a thought leader in the industry and evangelize the value of Salesforce for Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics.
* Represent Salesforce for Pharmaceuticals with industry analysts and support related PR activities.
* Partner with enterprise and commercial Sales leadership to establish executive customer relationships, support strategic sales efforts and adjust marketing plan and programs to achieve ACV targets.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS DESIRED:
* High energy, charismatic, innovative, and creative.
* Stellar public speaking skills in both small and large scale settings.
* Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products.
* Proven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment and crafting compelling positioning.
* Effective organizational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively.
* Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
* Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
* Industry expertise working in, owning a P&L for, or consulting and implementing technology for the Pharmaceutical industry.
* Managerial experience with geographically dispersed teams with a variety of experience levels and competencies.
* Be well versed in overall Pharmaceutical challenges and technology trends, and have significant in-depth knowledge and experience in translating trends into successful operational strategies.
* Understand challenges and opportunities across different areas within Pharmaceutical organizations and how digital transformation can improve results.
* Held an active role in an organizations digital transformation, through the use of technology and business process improvements, familiar with Salesforce solutions and products.
* Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines.
* Ability to travel, may require travel for 60-75% of the time.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.