Manager/ Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Manager/ Sr Manager, Engineering - Government Cloud
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.
Government Cloud has one of the fastest growing teams in Salesforce and growing this piece of the business is a top priority! The GovCloud Engineering and Operations team is responsible for service monitoring and rapid incident response across the various GovCloud environments in Salesforce. Our Engineering and Operations teams work hand in hand with the business to ensure the highest reliability, security and compliance around all of our applications. We are the ‘tip of the spear’ and the last line of defense protecting company and customer data from our adversaries, ensuring compliance.
As a Senior Manager in Government Cloud, you will be a part of the team responsible for designing, building, maintaining and/or operating innovative Salesforce services and solutions that support the needs of our Government customers. You will be responsible for driving cross-cloud deliverables and leading partnerships with other teams across the company, tracking budget and headcount, driving bonus programs for Government Cloud. You may also be responsible for hiring and retaining the best software/systems engineering talent around, growing your team and the people on it, and helping guide the successful execution of the Government Cloud business plans.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers on projects for our Government customers.
- Be responsible for the delivery and execution of products and projects in your purview, using automation to reduce toil
- Partner with other engineering teams and executives to develop short- and long-term sec product, security and operations strategies.
- Coordinate and drive delivery of large scale cloud services through a multidisciplinary team
- Drive customer engagements for proactive pulse of the ecosystem and to handle periodic reporting requirements of our customers
- Broad technical knowledge of cloud services required to provide direction to team to handle issues
- Continuous improvement of policies, procedures and technology
Interact with industry guides, partners, internal staff and auditors
- Lead by example, care for the team and establish credibility with the quality of the team’s technical execution.
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Occasional travel is required (domestic).
In this role:
- You are strong in solving Infrastructure related problems with code (with a focus on reusability) and you've mastered building compute capacity, worked on Kubernetes deployments at scale. You will be responsible for leading key projects in design, development, and post-release support of the Salesforce platform and tools that are used by a variety of internal teams to support our government customers.
- Collaborating with internal teams for efficient iterations of automated CI/CD pipelines with the goal of maintaining service owner feature velocity, troubleshooting and reproducing issues reported in Production environments.
- You’ll demonstrate a sense of autonomy and urgency for ownership of your areas and proactively take accountability for progress forward.
- You will get a chance to understand how things work with a large-scale production infrastructure within 3rd party cloud service providers.
- You will transform human heavy processes into automated governance solutions.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- You will get a chance to improve your influence and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure teams across Salesforce.
- You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of developers, open-source committers and architects.
- Researching and finding the right tools for the job, and if they don't exist creating them.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership capacity.
- Master's in Engineering/Computer Science or related industry (or equivalent experience) required
- 3+ years deploying distributed apps with containers (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKE)
- 3+ years development experience in config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- 4+ years demonstrated ability working within and building on AWS
- 4+ years Linux system engineering experience
- 2+ years developing or infrastructure and application security for Highly Sensitive Customer Data & Environments (IAM, CI/CD, PKI)
- 3+ years experience deploying with a CI orchestration service (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- 2+ years working experience scripting/programming language (Shell, Python, Golang, Ruby)
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols and components as implemented in IAAS (i.e. VPC, TGW, route tables, security groups, etc.)
- Experience with Log Management and Analytics tools such as Splunk / ELK
- Prior experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- A continuous learner and a critical thinker.
- Manager with great communication skills both verbal and written.
Experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems ISO 27001, PCI, SOC, FISMA, FedRAMP knowledge
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.