Applied Scientist - Salesforce AI Research
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce AI Research is looking for outstanding applied scientists.
Do you want to be at the forefront of a team at Salesforce that is making history? Do you want to research and develop new technology and science that millions of CRM customers will use? Are you excited about working on large-scale Generative AI, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Deep Learning?
At Salesforce, we have launched Einstein GPT, the world’s first Generative AI for CRM, which delivers AI-created content across every sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT interaction at hyper-scale. With Einstein GPT, Salesforce can transform every customer experience with generative AI.
Want to learn more? Check this out: Introducing Einstein GPT: The World's First Generative AI for CRM | Salesforce
As an applied scientist at Salesforce AI Research, your role will be at the intersection of software engineering and research and may range from implementing novel research models to rapid prototyping demos that show off machine learning applications on production data. You will work closely with research scientists to develop models, prototypes, and experiments that push the state of the art in AI research, paving the way for innovative products and services. With the latest machine learning methods, you can take on real-world problems from Salesforce's enterprise customers.
Check out our website to learn more about the groundbreaking work of the Salesforce AI Research team https://www.salesforceairesearch.com
Candidates have a strong background in one or more fields: Natural Language Processing, Large Language Modeling, Computer Vision, Reinforcement Learning, or Machine Learning in general.
- Own and pursue ambitious, long-term research goals.
- Develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- As needed lead teams to deliver on more complex pure and applied research projects.
- Master's degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or a related technical field.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Jax, or PyTorch).
- Proven ability to implement, operate, and deliver results via innovation at a large scale.
- Full-time industry experience in deep learning research/product.
- Strong experience building and applying machine learning models for business applications.
- Strong programming skills, competitive in ACM-ICPC or other competitions or open source experience is preferred.
- Experience in implementing high-performance and large-scale deep learning systems.
- Thoughtful about AI impacts and ethics.
- Fantastic problem solver; ability to solve problems the world has not solved before.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.