Software Engineering PMTS- Java & Big data
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
UIP - Software Engineering PMTS
Our Tech and Product team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video
We are Salesforce Engineering
Who we are / Team
The mission of the Unified Intelligence Platform is to make using data at scale easy and enabling, by marrying together cutting-edge technology with an exceptional user experience. Massive amounts of data are generated each day at Salesforce. Crafting a platform that enables internal users to understand, optimize, and re-envision how the business is and should operate is critical. Modern query engines (e.g. Spark and Trino), coupled with ML tech (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch) and a easy to use user experience (Jupyter, Sagemaker, a comprehensive data catalog and a data portal) are a few of the key ingredients this team is weaving together to make this possible.
We are defining the next generation of trusted enterprise computing in the cloud. We're a fast-paced, agile and innovative team. We're highly collaborative and work across all areas of our technology stack. We enable critical services for the business, qualify complex compute changes, enable big data analytics and trail-blaze new engineering solutions for the cloud.
- Architect, Design, Build, Drive and take ownership of business critical data and platform services.
- Working on multiple technical projects leading and bringing them to completion
- Collaborating with Principal Architects and Principal Engineers across the org on building the Data Platform
- Working with the technical teams guiding on the architecture and implementing the best practices
- Working with the internal business teams (customers) to understand their needs and enable them for success
- Embrace accountability for various technical deliveries through all phases of the development life cycle—from code to test to production
- Partnering with the cross org teams in various areas (E.g. Data Lake Engines, Security, Cloud Infra)
- Technical acumen in big data evolving the platform with business impactful technical choices, industry practices
- Lead the team with active participation in all parts of the Agile process, including planning, execution, and retrospectives.
- Be the leading technical representative for the team when dealing with plans and problems that involve cross teams.
- 12+ years of experience working with large scale data platforms, designing solutions with modern data systems to support exponential data growth.
- Experience writing code with programming languages like Java, Scala & Python.
- Deep understanding and experience with big data processing engines such as Apache Spark, Apache Trino
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in solving the data compute and storage challenges for large scale data for low latency, high QPS
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Trino, Hive, Iceberg and others.
- Experience with common ML tools and platforms, such as Jupyter, AWS SageMaker
- Experience working with Public Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Good understanding and experience in Security concepts such as OAuth, RBAC, OPA
- Experience in storing and accessing the data securely with permission controls at scale in Public Cloud
- Experience working in a agile based development teams
- Experience working in Service Ownership and Devops model teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, working with customers, senior leadership and various levels of Engineering
- Strong Technical Influence and experience Collaborating with the architects, engineers, cross org teams
- Passionate and Self Driven in leading the complex projects and bringing clarity to the team
- Experience working in global team across different timezones (PST and IST)
- Hands-on Salesforce.com knowledge of product and functionality a plus
- Experience contributing to Open Source Technologies is a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.