Manager, Platform Strategic Accounts
About the team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This long-term undertaking brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals into one lab together to accomplish this.
In pursuit of this mission, our Go To Market (GTM) team is responsible for helping customers learn how to leverage and deploy our highly capable AI products across their business. The team is made of Sales, Solutions, Support, Marketing, and Partnership professionals that work together to create valuable solutions that will help bring AI to as many users as possible.
About the role
This leadership role will be responsible for driving and implementing the overall sales strategy for our API developer platform, recruiting and leading a team of API sales professionals, and achieving successful deployments with our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess significant sales leadership experience and a comprehensive understanding of AI technologies. This leader will have the capability to adapt to a complex and fast-changing technology environment. Responsibilities will include customer acquisition, account management, owning executive relationships, and more.
This individual will also need to be a proven leader who can effectively collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, developer relations, operations, and core GTM teams, while guiding and mentoring a sales team towards achieving business objectives.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. We use a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office per week and offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead a team of sellers
- Partner with solutions to build and execute complex customer programs and projects
- Manage consumption revenue forecasts
- Closely monitor the industry landscape (people, competitors, partners, etc.) to contribute to product roadmap and other corporate strategies
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of other teammates
- Support the development of company culture
We're seeking someone with experience including:
- 8+ years leading Enterprise Sales teams
- Selling platform-as-a-service and/or software-as-a-service at a product-led growth company
- Designing and executing complex deal strategies
- Supporting the growth of fast-growing, high-performance companies
- Leading high-visibility customer events (CAB, conferences, product launches, etc.)
- Gathering, distilling, and processing complex market (industry, competitor, customer, prospect) intelligence
- Reporting on customer success activities
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Are customer-centric. You are motivated to deeply understand your customer’s priorities and help them achieve their vision for using our models to improve their internal productivity and AI strategy. You build strong relationships with executives and professionals across functions and serve as a trusted advisor.
- Have a passion for or deep curiosity in artificial intelligence. You embrace the opportunity to help deploy our technology in a way that benefits humanity. You’re excited to educate our customers on AI and how to plan for the future.
- Are a builder. You are excited to impact how our company operates and scales. Your passion is building strong systems and processes from the ground up and executing them with precision.
- Are excited by new challenges. You don’t have the answers to every question up front, but the process of solving them invigorates you. Bespoke issues requiring multidimensional knowledge excite you. You’re willing to experiment with new solutions.
- Are a strategist. You deeply understand go to market best practices and raise the bar for our organization. You think and plan forward on the order of years and bring internal and external stakeholders along with your strategy.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.