Senior Business Analyst, Financial Systems
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
About the team:
The Financial Systems team oversees the ongoing enhancement of Braze’s Financial platforms, data, security and operating procedures. At our core, we are system optimization people. While we are committed to providing outstanding end-user support, our primary objective is to find and fix inefficiencies, enabling functional teams to perform at levels they never thought possible. As a team, we care about end-user satisfaction, agile methodologies and system integrity. To the company, we provide internal technical support, deliver system enhancements, and lead digital transformation projects.
About the role:
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for delivering a variety of complex financial system implementations and process improvement projects. As part of the Financial Systems team, you will work directly with the Senior Financial Systems Manager to deliver results to teams within the Order-to-Cash, Record-to-Report, and Procure-to-Pay processes. This role requires a strong understanding of financial systems/processes, excellent project management abilities, advanced analytical expertise, and exceptional interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the finance transformation space.
- Support process improvement and system implementation projects by:
- Conducting business process reviews,
- Gathering requirements,
- Specifying test scenarios to be conducted during UAT,
- Analyzing test results to identify any issues or discrepancies,
- Ensuring thorough user acceptance testing, and
- Delivering training documentation.
- Create and maintain our system documentation, including data dictionary, business process flow charts, and training materials.
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders helping transform as-is business processes and execute on strategic roadmap objectives.
- Identify and communicate risks impacting solution design and implementation.
- Solution design, testing, and deployment
- Serve as the point of contact for 3rd party technical contacts and teams supporting Financial Systems implementations.
- Assist with sprint planning and timeline tracking.
- Help conduct ITGC audits for SOX compliance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Must have at least 4 years of experience working in finance transformation or finance related process improvement.
- Must have exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; proficient in data analysis.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in Coupa or NetSuite.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Enjoys seeking and sharing knowledge, challenging the status quo, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams.
- 3 years of system implementation experience.
- Experience with compliance frameworks, including SOX and SSAE16 SOC.
- Consulting experience.
- Bonus points if you have professional experience working with Jira, Workiva
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $72,000 and $108,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $80,000 and $120,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.