Workplace Experience Manager
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for an experienced Workplace Experience professional to oversee the daily operations of our newly acquired Sydney, Australia office. This individual will help inform the strategic vision for Braze Australia, as well as collaborate with team members across Braze in supporting the development of our APAC and global workplace operations initiatives.
The Workplace Experience function for the Sydney office is in a state of growth and development and we are looking for builders, people who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and can create structure in ambiguity. This role sits on the People Team, will report to the Workplace Experience Regional Manager over APAC and will be integral in driving the development of employee experience. The three main functions of this role are workplace experience, employee experience and assisting the remote IT team.
Braze is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company that is looking for a self-starter who can exercise good judgment, take fast and proactive initiative, influence leaders throughout the business, and think objectively about the strategy to continuously improve our employee experience. You will have a consistent pulse on the needs of our employees in the Sydney, Australia office and be comfortable changing course as global conditions and working environments evolve.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee the daily operations and workplace programs of the Australia office, acting as local site lead
- Lead, mentor and develop local Workplace Operations team where applicable
- Support in the new office build-out, acting as lead for onsite office readiness
- Collaborate with others to develop and manage initiatives, processes, tools, policies and playbooks related to workplace operations and programs, including operations related to our new hybrid work strategy
- Work with leadership to execute safe and compliant workplace plans for our Australia office, focusing on excellent change management
- Partner and develop strong relationships with all key business partners e.g. IT, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Employee Experience, etc. and act as a trusted advisor in all workplace matters
- Proactively build relationships with leadership and employees, as well as use data to understand the habits and needs of employees and objectively provide recommendations for workplace improvements
- Work with a customer service mindset to ensure world-class standards and service levels for employees
- Ensure we have the best in class suppliers for our offices and implement vendor management best practices with a lens towards diversity and inclusion. Proactively partner with key vendors to ensure continued service improvement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Australian building management
- Work with the wider People Team to coordinate internal events including office socials, company all hands, and industry meetups
- Oversee budget management and tracking for Australian operations
- Manage H&S programs, including creating and maintaining H&S policies, conducting regular risk assessments and ensuring the adequate number of employees are sufficiently trained in first aid and fire marshalling.
- Be the point of contact for the remote IT team, assisting with basic troubleshooting with things such as MacOS computers, Printers, Google Meets hardware & helping the team troubleshoot onsite IT issues as a whole (being our local ‘turn it off & on again’ person)
- Aligning with IT processes for asset management including receiving & returning hardware from our local vendor for onboardings, offboarding and laptop swaps, whilst keeping track of IT stock for quarterly audits
- Assist with IT onboarding within the region, assigning laptops to our new joiners and running the weekly onboarding session
- Ensure our local meeting rooms are online, and events can be hosted as expected (including global and regional All Hands Events)
- Have a strong technical mindset, with an understanding of how technology integrates within the workspace
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience in Workplace Experience and/or Facilities Management
- At least 1-year experience leading a team; experience leading outsourced staff a plus
- Experience working with building management
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organisation with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience managing offices and workplace experience for a hybrid workforce, delivering creative solutions to engage a distributed workforce
- Experience with office moves and build-outs
- Data-driven with a mindset of continual improvement
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships cross-functionally with proven ability in influencing top-level leadership
- A strong communicator, keeping teams and stakeholders informed and up-to-date
- Understanding of workplace-related costs and budget best practices
- Passion for best-in-class workplace experience and customer service
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to set own priorities without supervision
- A creative problem-solver, bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the table
- A sharp eye for detail and a sense of office pride
- An awesome can-do attitude - no task is too big or too small
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
- Expertise in creating events programmes and executing them successfully from concept to completion
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.