aPriori delivers strategic insights for Manufacturers to continuously decide how to design a product and where to manufacture it to optimize cash flow, accelerate revenue growth, and improve margin. This unique collaborative platform combines Product Cost Management, Design for Manufacturability and Sustainability, and Supplier Collaboration capabilities. The platform includes more than 450 manufacturing process simulation and more than 80 regional economic models to yield insights that accelerate time to market by 20% while achieving hundreds of millions of dollars in cost savings and decreased CO2 footprint.
A team environment where your experience is valued, your voice is heard, and the work that you do makes an impact for our customers and employees.
aPriori offers competitive compensation in a dynamic, growing innovative environment. A competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision for employees and their dependents, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401k match, career-growth opportunities, flexible time, and paid time off benefits – including aPriori days, and more!
Location: Concord, MA
aPriori seeks a Manager of Product Documentation to develop innovative help content for aPriori’s suite of manufacturing and cost estimating software products. In this role, you will oversee a small team of technical writers develop, edit, maintain, and publish functional and technical documentation. You will also work on the cutting edge of user help by developing and implementing in-app guidance. aPriori provides a cross-functionally collaborative environment, in which you will work with the software and quality engineers, product managers, trainers, usability experts, and other content developers within an Agile product development process. The ideal candidate has experience communicating goal-oriented workflows via both traditional documentation and in-app guidance for administrators and users of complex, server, web, and cloud-based software applications.
• Directly manage a small team of talented technical writers while also individually authoring some key content.
• Manage projects with external vendors to enable translation of software user interface and product documentation into multiple foreign languages, including content, schedule, and budgets.
• Set and deliver aggressive goals for documenting new features and services and for improving the effectiveness of existing documentation.
• Evaluate aPriori’s current documentation and tools strategies. Conduct internal / external focus groups to better understand how documentation is being used and to drive and validate the documentation roadmap.
• Recommend and implement new strategies for our next-generation SaaS cloud-based solutions.
• Work with Product Managers and Development Leads to determine documentation requirements, priorities, and schedules.
• Lead a team of talented technical writers to ensure delivery of well-written, technically accurate, customer-focused documentation, including Release Notes, Quick-Start Guides, System Management and Administration Guides, System Requirements, Installation Guides, Tutorials and Context-Sensitive Help / In-app Guidance.
• Provide leadership to team members through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
• Individually author selected key documentation as needed to distribute workload.
• Collaborate with Training and Customer Support teams to share and develop complementary content.
• Works with cross-functional teams to integrate product documentation activities into the standard Agile product development process.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp complex software, learn quickly and work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to use various forms of source material including functional specifications, demo recordings, hands-on product usage and verbal discussion to develop documentation.
• Highly motivated. Able to perform and succeed with limited supervision.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of work experience with an emphasis on technical documentation.
• Experience managing or facilitating documentation translation projects.
• 3+ years managing or leading technical writers.
• Experience with Madcap Flare and Madcap Central authoring and publishing tools
• Experience in the development of engaging, clear, and concise content for complex software applications – both high-level guidance and detailed documentation.
• Familiarity with design, manufacturing, and/or product lifecycle applications, such as CAD/CAM, Manufacturing Simulation and Analysis, PLM systems or related software applications.
aPriori considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, pregnancy, age, military veteran status, or disability.